Semi Truck Accident: Find Justice with a Good Lawyer!
Semi trucks are designed without a front axle. The huge proportions of it are supported by either a dolly or a tractor. The dolly is the axle located in front of the truck that is detachable and equipped with legs acting as supporters when the semi truck is uncoupled. It is also referred to as an eighteen wheeler trucks.
Accidents on the road are devastating, especially if it was caused by semi trucks. They are a large vehicle compared to other forms of vehicles, thus driving it is really dangerous. It is hard to maneuver and requires a lot of time and a longer distance for it to slow down or completely stop. The most common reason of semi truck accidents is failure of the driver to control the truck’s speed and jack-knifing.
Semi trucks are the main contributor of road accidents in some larger states in the United States. If it happened out of negligence then you must do something about it so that justice will be fairly implemented. If you happen to get involved in a semi truck accident in any place, you need a semi truck accident lawyers to help you file a case against the truck driver and the truck company. Special laws regarding the use of semi trucks are implemented in some US states that protect the rights of drivers of smaller vehicles and lessen road accidents.
Road safety is important. Semi truck or eighteen wheeler accidents issues are unique and are not necessarily the same with other vehicles. This includes:
– It has greater probability to injuries and deaths.
– Negligence in the hiring process and claims on supervision procedures.
– The insurance covering the issues are unique or distinct.
– It has particular governmental rules. There is a federal law governing the trucking industry, so maintenance of all the evidences in the accidents are required and are only limited for a certain amount of time. If the lawyer failed to have an immediate action over the accidents and get a court order after six months, the truck driver’s log is destroyed.
What are the good qualifications of a semi truck attorney?
– The semi truck accident lawyer should perform a thorough investigation regarding the actual footages of accidents, and finding evidences that the truck driver himself is directly responsible for what had happened.
– They can protect you and your family from future damages. They are able to guide you on legal proceedings and assure that you will get the money needed for your lost work time, medications and other damages or injuries incurred during the accident.
– They work on the litigation phase discoveries and determine what form of negligence the driver have particularly done such as reckless driving or over speeding.
– They should also investigate the truck company’s profile and the truck driver’s driving history that could help in solving the case.
– They can spend monies on trial experts, exhibits and investigation for a successful representation of their client’s interests in the court. This is important especially if the accident resulted to a wrongful death.
– They have the expertise in their chosen field, having all the resources and skills for your needs as a victim of an accident.
– They should also be able to deal with the insurance companies. They should determine the insurance company’s responsibilities for the victim’s compensation in the truck liability case. These are some of the things that you should know regarding semi truck laws and attorneys. You should always be careful when you choose your attorney if you ever get involved in an accident. Make sure that the lawyer you choose has the necessary skills to represent your case to the court. Please visit our website for more information.